Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 9: Electronics – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 9: Electronics
Words in Context 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 9: Electronics
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
disks popular revolutionize software facilitated processing sharply storage networks replace skills technical
By the mid-1980s, virtually all U.S. businesses owned at least one computer. Prices of computers declined (1) _____ over the next few years. resulting in a surge in popularity. At the same time, offices started to rely on (2) _____, which (3) _____ the sharing and processing of data. Such data (4) _____ was made possible by improvements in both the hardware and software industries.
More recently, data storage (5) _____ have undergone their own revolution. Because of (6) _____ advancements, the (7) _____ capacity of a compact disc increased significantly.
In addition, manufacturers of (8) _____ offer competitive upgrades to (9) _____ competitors’ products.
Virtually all office workers today are trained in the most (10) _____ word processing software.
Computers repeatedly (11) _____ the workplace, and everyone, no matter how accomplished he or she is with other (12) _____, needs to stay abreast of major trends in computer development.
Word Families 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 9: Electronics
Xem bài chi tiết tại link: https://hoctuvung.hochay.com/tu-vung-toeic/sach-600-tu-vung-toeic-lesson-9-electronics-hoc-hay-156.html
Word Practice 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 9: Electronics
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best response.
- Why can’t the woman retrieve her file?
(A) She doesn’t know how.
(B) She forgot its name.
(C) It was accidentally deleted.
(D) She can’t remember where it’s stored.
- Why does she need the ﬁle?
(A) To do her accounts.
(B) To report the news.
(C) To finish her proposal.
(D) To get information about a store.
- What does the man suggest the woman should do?
(A) Figure it out herself.
(B) Let him help her.
(C) Improve her skills.
(D) Get help from the IT department.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
- What is the speaker’s opinion of the process of downloading software?
(A) Anyone can do it.
(B) It requires technical skills.
(C) It’s easiest if you download from a remote server.
(D) It’s time-consuming.
- Who is the intended audience for this talk?
(A) Computer technicians.
(B) Network managers.
(C) New computer users.
(D) Software writers.
- What will the listeners do next?
(A) Look at a chart.
(B) Turn on their computers.
(C) Connect to the Internet.
(D) Type a web address.
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
- The _____ of the new computer network was apparent among the employees after only a few months.
- We will _____ all of our outdated software with the newest versions.
- There is a _____ approach to software design integration that all the big software developers are currently learning.
- While Fabio’s _____ with computers surpasses the technicians, he is unable to communicate his personal needs to the ofﬁce manager.
- The hard disk can _____ up to 25 gigabytes of data.
- The newspaper article on the development of new fibre-optic cables was so full of _____ language that nobody could understand it.
Part 6 Text Completion
Computer technology has brought about a _____ (16) in the workplace. Now employees all around the country do all or part oi their jobs from home. This phenomenon is called telecommuting and has been made possible by the widespread use of the Internet. Telecommuting has become _____ (17) among employees, although the reactions of employers are mixed. Some like telecommuting and some don’t. But most agree that it facilitates work for employees who live at a distance from the worksite. Telecommuting enables companies to keep skilled employees who move out of the area or who have family obligations that require them to stay close to home. _____ (18) the regular nine-to-five ofﬁce job? Probably not entirely, but we are sure to see more and more of it in the future.
(A) It replaces
(B) It will replace
(C) Will it replace
(D) Will it be replaced by
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
- What is true about the new software?
(A) It’s difficult to use.
(B) It’s very different from the old software.
(C) It requires many months of training.
(D) It’s very expensive.
- Which staff members will be trained to use the new software?
(A) Just one from each department.
(B) Fred and Mary only.
(C) Only four of them.
(D) All of them.
- How many training sessions will each person attend?
- The word skills in line 9 of the second e-mail is closest in meaning to
- The word replace in line 1 of the first e-mail is closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tuvungtoeic #600essentialwordsforthetoeic #tuvungtoeictheochude